Friday, October 3, 2008

Fiji preparations and last nights dinner

I haven't blogged in a while.. probably should have.

So, I'm getting ready for my Fiji trip. I'm feeling very selfish about it.I'm spending so much money on it. Booking accommodation, meal plans, boat transfers, day cruises and diving. I'm not the biggest fan of scuba diving, but I figure I should probably go at least once, since they say scuba diving is really good in Fiji.

I'm going to be staying In Nadi for two nights. I'm going to have 2 full das before John arrives. I have no idea what I'll do for the first day. Maybe walk around and be bored a bit and eat some food. The second day I've booked a day cruise to one of the tiniest island. Iwant to take lots of pictures! And then I'll do some scuba diving there.

John and I will be staying 8 days/7nights on the Yasawa and Mamanuca islands. 3 islands in total.

Island 1: Oarsmans Bay Lodge on Nacula Island - 2 nights
Island 2: Octopus Resort on Waya Island - 3 nights
Island 3: Bounty Island Resort on Bounty Island - 2 nights

Seems pretty good, ay? And I've planned it ALL BY MYSELF! John's been having a really stressful week at work b/c he has twice as much work to do, so I think it's good that he ill be having a holiday soon. Me on the other hand, this is my third day not having work, and work is practically like a holiday the past couple weeks, since I don't do much at work. I get paid more than John and some of his other friends who have been working over a year, and yet I do much less than them...but mind you, I probably won't be getting as much of a raise as them in the next coming years.

Booking accommodation. Booking cruise transfers. Booking hotel and airport pick-ups. I hope it all works out in the end!!! Maybe I'll make a yummy dinner for John today... YEA!

Last night I made john dinner. =] The only part he helped me out with was peeling two potatoes and sprinkling seasoning on the sizzle steak slices.

This is what I made:
Mashed cauliflower and potatoes. Basically, mashed 2 boiled potatoes with half a HUGE head of steamed cauliflower. Added some skim milk, butter, a bit of cheese, salt, pepper, a tiny bit of chili powder, and mixed in some chopped dill. The dill made it taste yummy.

Steamed veggies in mint sauce with chopped basil leaves. Just microwaved some frozen veggies topped off with mint sauce and some fresh basil leaves.

Sizzle steaks. Bought these thinly sliced steak and marinated then in Worcestershire sauce, then grilled in a pan with steak seasoning for about 10 seconds a side; they were that thin.

Pretty yummy! The mashies were my favorite though! B/c normally I don't like mashed potatoes, but these were yummy! I think I like cauliflower more than potatoes. =]

WEll, that's lal for now. My plane leaves at 11:55pm. And I still need to shower, pack, do alundry, get ready, and lots of stuff! Ah! ok ttyl. Bye!

1 comment:

Erilynn said...

Yay blog!

...can...can you cook dinner for me too please?

...I don't have any food anymore.. ;_;