Sunday, September 28, 2008

Two Weddings in one day!

Hello there! Yesterday I went to two weddings.
1. John's 1 year older sister's wedding
2. John's Uni female friend's wedding

1. The first wedding started at 9:30am. I rushed to get ready in the morning. Wore my $5 (reduced from $225) dress from Garfunkle and my $120 pastel colored shoes from Toni ..something. The shoes aren't worth the price for the amount of comfort they provide, but it was hard to find a shoe in that color that had enough height for me..so I bought it.

The wedding was lovely. Lots of sunflowers, grey satiny dresses, happy sister. The reception was a "morning tea" in the church hall next door. It was lovely. Balloons in the air, bouncing castle!! I jumpedon the bouncing castle with John's younger sister, and she feel over into the side netting and almost toppled the castle over. N ot a good impression to make on those little kids. I thnk we were too big.

The first thing i thought when I got to the reception was: "I'm SO thirsty!" SO, I went straight for the punch. I barely drank at all. I only had a glass of champagne b/c John gave it to me. But what i really wanted was lots and lots of pineapple spritzer punch and a bit of coffee. I had some sips of John's beer.

They had like 5 different cakes, instead of the usual 1 wedding cake. i thought that as a pretty good idea... except that it was a serve yourself deal, and people were cutting sloppy pieces, leaving lots of crumbs on the plate that people later scooped up and ate. I ate a cherry chocolate type cake. Yummy!

In between the two weddings i hung out at John's parents/siblings hosue (w/o John!) I'm getting mroe comfortable with hanging out there without John. I feel almost like family now. I'm really gald about it, b/c that's the only real family I have here. And his parents are so nice and loving. His mom reminds me of my mom, and it makes me really happy and feel like home. And all his siblings are really nice and loving, and that makes me happy two.

2. The friend's wedding took place in a nearby park, a couple streets away. Pretty good location, and they didn't plan it for us either. Hehe. It was a lovely day for it, and a lvoely background. I have some awesome picures of her wedding. ANd she didn't wear the typical white brides dress. She wore a simple beige dres,s and the groom wore black pants and pastel thai-style collared shirt. And the brides aids wore simple similar styles dresses. ! pink, 1 green, and 1 purple. the color scheme actually worked pretty well.

The reception was held at her parents house. There was a white tent on the side of her house, and a disco ball//dance floor in front on the tiled area. It was nice and small. Not as many people as the other wedding.

There was a pig on a stick (it tasted ok) and lots of different food stuffs to choose from. It was dark and I was drunk and I didn't know what the food was, so I just took a bit of everything. When I was eating, I wa slike, WOAH! I didn't know I took some potato salad. It was yummy, And I got very full.

The dad was drunk and he gave a speech. And his speech was very drunken, and we wer elike, better stop while you're ahead...or better stop digging yourself a hole. Yea, his speeech was very drunky.

I drank a bit of wine, tooheys new beer, some brut champagne and pink champagne. Towards the end of the night, the waiter guy came over to our table and was askign us if we wanted any other drinks, since we were the drinking table Hehehe.

You know, I was surprised. I was expecting a lot more of John's friends to be there, but there weren't as many as I was expecting. A certain couple wasn't there. And John's friends from the other side weren't there either. It was a smalelr type gathering, but still very wonderful and simple.

For dessert, they had cupcakes!! And weird saudi arabian wrapped candies that his dad brought over fom saudi arabia. The candies were sweetish, dense, and had the occasional flavor of cardomon. Interesting, but not the best. A bit unusual . The cupcakes were yummy.

Tow weddings, and no typical wedding cake!! Sheesh! What is this world coming to?!

Ok, John's up and washing the dishes. TIme to go! Bye!

No comments: