Time for another update!
I wish I was updating as often as Erika. MAN, Erika has some funky, revealing blogs yo. Yea...like...woah man.
Last night I went to Kate
s Hen's night. kate is one of John's good friends. It was ok. WE were at this posh trendy cocktail lounge and bar. WIth $15 cocktails! OMG, that is so expensive! ANd I bought 3 of them! ANd a $9 chardonnay, which is a better value but I don't like the wine drunk i get. But yea, what a rip off, I'm never oging there again. And itwas in New Farm (north of brisbane city) so it's not like I'm going to that part of the city anyway. Yea, I cahtted with people, drakn tasty girly mad expensive drinks, and didn't feel too awkward like I sometimes do feel.
I had my interview at work on Thursday about being appointed permanently for my position. They gave me a paper with 7 questions on it 15 min before my interview and they said I could jot down notes on it for the interview. Man, it was like doing a test at Uni. Ugh, so..government-ish. But, it didn't go so badly, they were nice and friendly to me, and helped me out. I didn't know that the three basic principles of project management were: budget/coast, quality, and timing... so..yea, kinda messed up on that question. but overall, I think it was in my favor. The only problems they had were with my visa. (I do not want to be sponsored b/c I don't want to rely on a company to keep me in Australia. I want to do it on my own by being with John.) They say the only conditions I woudl probably have if I were to be appointed my position were that they would have to recommend me to take some basic geology courses. Which I am TOTALLY in favor for! i would love to go to Uni and tkae more classes! I like that! I like learning! I like learning things that will help me. ANd I think I will enjoy geology a lot more if I have the right training for it. As of now, the only thing geology about me is the name of my degree. That's it. I ahve no basic geology courses under my belt. No: mineralogy, petrology and sedimentology, stratigraphy, structural geology, etc. None of it! And I need those things! I think I woudl ver much like to take those courses. But the thing is, there's no point in me doing another undergraduate degree to get a degree in geology, when, I already have one! I have a degree in "Geological Science". I mean, COME ON! That's exactly what I would get, AGAIN, if I went back to undergrad. Better to do a masters and take some prerequisite courses for my masters. yea.
Ok, so, I've also been applying to other jobs through a mining recruitment company. I hope I get to have a n interview with some of them. Despite paying me more, I don't think they will give me as flexible hours. And I wouldn't be able to leave at 3:45 in the afternoon randomly when I feel bored or I can't concentrate or I don't have anything productive to do.
I kind of care at my work, but not really. i can't care about somethign I'm not passionate about and don't understand the full impact of. I don't realize the implications my work has on public safety or political decisions.
Anyway, I've been moody the past week or two, and I think it's because I just got my period...yea, i get really moody a week or so before my period. Not that cool, but I guess it happens. And I get angry at John too much and get REALLY annoyed. Well, some thigns still annoy me no matter what. LIke when John bites really loud into a carrot, that REALLY annoys/irritates me.
Anyway, i talked to Dad this morning. That was nice. He said if John can get a transfer to the U.S., Charlotte North carolina would be the best place to move. Yea, thaty coudl be cool.
Anyway, I have Theresa's bridal shower to go to in 2 hours. African drumming and dancing. Shoudl be fun, but I'm not really looking forward to it right now. Kinda bored and tired and I want to do something..like eat something sweet or greasy like KFC fries. Oh yea, and at stupid Gerti'es last night, the batter fries cost $6, and stupid bread and dips cost $12. ugh what a rip off. I hate expensive places. I SPENT $80 LAST NIGHT! MY WHOLE 2 WEEKS ALLOWANCE SPENT IN ONE FUCKIGN LOSUY NIGHT! Ugh, sutpid hen's night, what a waste of time. For MY hens night, I'm forcing everyone to drink good/cask wine. YEA.
ok, i'm annoyed. i ahte spendign loots of money, especially on ridicuolousy expenseive dirnks. On wine, it's ok to spend 15 mayeb $20 on a good wine if we are to drink it with a meal. if I am just buying a wine to get drunkj on, it has to be $10 or less. ANd beers? Eh, they';re just pricey, but i like them. But cheap wine, all the way, go for the best deal..but cheap wines can be pretty nasty at times. Bu yea.. I don't want to spend much money. I;',m trying to save 50% of my salary right now, and having expensive nights like last night isn't helping much. I'm dipping into my MOJO account.. not cool yo, not cool.
Bills to pay...rent to pay...healthcare bill to think about...blargh.
Anyway, I'm off, stilla bit TO'd, but blogging abotu it just brought up those bad feelings. I don';t knwo what I'm goign tod o today./ I have too many things on my mind. I need to finish my visa application and hand it in before the end of this month, otherwise peoplea t work get angry at me and I can;'t work at Main Roads for who knows how long and I let people down...and..yea....or if I do continue workign I'LL BE BREAKING THE LAW!!!
So, my fault for not pushing John to do the visa. Need john to file my tax.
Man, despite my annoyances with John, he sure is funny sometimes. and cracks me up in the weidest way. And I can be totally myself around him, which is waht everybody should feel around their one and only. Meep! =]
ok, time to find bank account numbers. CIAO!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh man I totally forgot what I was going to say.
...so tired
you use weird phrases
and I recommend drinking A Leg Spreader
they're delish
and I'ma go sleep now
I wish I had a teacher that left me notes like this on my tests.
http://ablk.com/12c.html
Post a Comment