We won! John and I won! With the help of our ex-roomate Shin who, by the way was an excellent witness despite having serious english language barriers. Let me explain.
John and I were living in a room in a most terrible share house. 15+ rooms, 1 kitchen, dirty common area, 2 or 3 rubbsh bins, constant power outages, continuous hot water shortages, and annoying indian people cooking bread things like a factory line every night. So we left after 5 weeks. landlord wouldn't give us our almost $1,000 bond back, and took us to a Small Claims Tribunal. The Tribunal hearing was today. We presented our case told the facts and won! The comments and descriptions from the real estate agent didn't help much either, since he was saying how many rooms there were and that someone ad moved into our room before we even did our exit condition report. So, at one point, the judge said to the real estate agent that she found his comment hard to believe. w00t! So, at the end, she decided that the bond be fully returned to us! W00t! Yayz for the little people sticking it up! We won! We have our rightfully owned money back! =] I was so happy after that! And our witness, Shin, went up and just told it as it was, and was an excellent witness. =] So happy we won! All the stress is over, and the money has already been deposited into our bank account. =] So happy! No morehouse problems. NO more worrying about money. No more stressing out. Just relaxing...for teh housing situation that is....
Now, onto work matters. On Sept. 30, I need to lawfully stop working at Main Roads, or be breaking the law instead. My visa does not allow me to work past Sept 30 there. However, I could easily work somewhere else. They are more than willing to sponsor me. The problem is, I am seriously running out of time, and running the risk of having to stop work for a couple weeks in order to get the visa application. But even worse is, the lawyers have said that in order for them to apply for the necessary visa, I need to be OUT of the country!!! I need to leave!! Essentially, I'm being kicked out! Ahhh!! I don't know what to do.
Normally, in this situation I would be pretty happy, b/c I get a "free"vacation. I'm not getting paid, but, I like taking time off and visiting family. In THIS situation I have conflicts involving prior commitments in Australia. I having John's brother's wedding on October 17th, and that same weekend I have a 3-day tournament for the Mixed Nationals Ultimate Frisbee Competition!! I've been training for over a month for this competition! And now, I'm being kicked out of the country and missing the best wedding yet and a tournament I've been workign hard/spending 3 nights a week away from John? And what, for nothing??!! I don't know what to do!
I don't know... I have to change my flight to the weekend of October 3rd... That's in 2 weekend! REALLY close....If I leave,....I guess it would be a good opportunity for me to visit Fiji for a week...but, I had been planning on going with John. I woudl love to go with John. Tha's what I've been wanting to do, ever since her told me he didn't want me to go by myself the first time around. Then, on my way back, I'd liek to stop somewhere in Asia. Maybe Tokyo or Taipei..or stupid auckland... Tokyo woudl be pretty cool. Yeaa... i can get 1 stop one-way flights from NYC for $1300. Not bad deal, and it's a pretty cool city I think. NA DI CAN BUY LOTS OF CHEAP AND COOL STUFF! YEAAAAAAA!
Ok, anywayz...we'll see what happens.
Oh yea, and frisbee is fun, running a lot, still not really losing any weight or seeing any difference. I think maybe my legs are getting bigger/more muscular. Who knows. But, I like it. I bet if I run a bit more often I might enjoy it more, be/cause then I would have the inclination to run around and do exercise, as opposed to wfeeling all lethargic and yawny.
Ok, I miss home. I might be seeing family soon though... Who knows.. We'll see... I shoudl probably tlak to my family about it... Yea...
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You KNOW...
The Pop B's siblings are going to be coming down here in Octoberish for the FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL that starts on Friday.
Mebbes you can come with them?
Post a Comment