Yooooz! I'm home. I spent the last four evenings with frisbee people. I've completely not hung out with John the past four not nights, and now when I AM "hanging ouut" with him, he's boring and laying on a couch and tired and not interesting. Maybe we will see WAaaaAAaAAllee tonight.
I ate an iced chocolate that had ice cream and whipped cream on it as I was waiting for John to get out of work in Toowong Village, and it made me sick, and I still feel a bit sick from it right now. NOt a good choice.
The past two days i've been in Project Management 101 course. Pretty interesting, somewhat releant to my job. Learned the fundamentals about managing a project. Learned a lot about planning and the beginning stages and risk analysis and stakeholder analysis and blah blah ablha, and learned about other people's projects and that there are a lot of people that work in main roads that don't really do much having to do with raods. Like being the project manager for a project that invovles switching all ht emobile phones from optus to telstra...or something like that. woop-dee-do. You are so important to the infrastructure sector in south east queensland.
Yea, but I feel somewhat better about my job when I realize I could be doing a mundane job sitting at a desk all day and staring at a computer...although I do tend to do that a lot of times, but I do get those brief moments when I up and about, and I get to go on cool site visits/trips and get really tired and fall asleep int he car like the youungin I am.
I'm 23 now! So old!
I'm also in the middle of changing my isa, trying to get sponsorship with Main Roads. Ugh, complicated, issues to be dealt with, partner visa costs over $2,000. A huge rip off considering i can work for Main Raods and get a sponsored work visa for free, but have to work for main Roads or leave the country within 28 days. me, I can deal with a couple more months here, or quite possibly a year more if they actually pay for me to take undergrad uni classes! That would be so awesome! I would lvoe to take more classes! Especially for free! I like pretending to learn! =] ANd espeially about geology and rocks and minerals and rock structues. I believe that if I learn more about rocks and soils that I will learn to love it more and be genuinely interested in what i am working. At the moment, I'm not that interested in it, but my bosses want me here, and i get good hours and good flexibility and I know I can take a month off next year without much ahssle because a lot of people do it anyway, so it's pretty cool. ,...hopefully john can spend some time with me in fiji and the u.s.
ugh, i dunno, need to talk to joh more and go watch movie and pick up important mail and ry to ge john not o be so depressed around me.
ok, bye!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
EEeeeeeeeevaa!
Post a Comment