Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Living in Sydney

I'm living in Sydney now. Suburb on Epping to be exact, in the northwest side of the city. Not too much else to say. Today is a cold, dreary, drizzly day. I give FH a ride to the train station most mornings. I don't have a job. But I do band once a week, and I did frisbee last week. There is a baby that shrieks. Kinda annoying but I ignore it, and cleaning the kitchen makes me less annoyed.

I don't like how it gets so cold here. Brisbane was much warmer, here it is colder. I mean, I guess it would be cold in Brisbane too, but, I don't really remember the winters all that much. Maybe because I was always in an office building the past two years. Sheltered from the cold witha heater on. I have my heater on all the time except for when I sleep.

Also, I go to the supermarket a lot to buy food for dinner. I buy tomatoes, cucumbers, meat that's on sale, kangaroo mince, hydroponic lettuce, canned stuff. We have a lot of canned tuna, but we don't eat it, so it just sits there, I ate some canned tuna the other day and mixed it with hummus, and it tasted less yucky. I dunno how I could have eaten it before.

Band last night was fun. I bakes some peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to share for the "supper" where people bring in snacks and we munch on it after rehearsal.

It's just that I'm not a pure geologist. I've pretty much haven't taken the two most fundamental courses. How to identify sedimentary rocks and how to identify metamorphic/igneous rocks. Therefore, I don't know how to identify rocks, other than looking at it and guessing.

I guess I'm just annoyed at the moment because I don't know what to do, and any change of career involves going to school, which costs money, and won't be cheap for me until 2012 when I become permanent resident, so, I'm annoyed, that's all.

11 comments:

iclash said...

remember one thing, as i told erika, you guys can always live with me. that will make you less annoyed, right?
as for hot weather, a winter home in florida sounds mighty good to me, so come join me on an adventure of a lifetime.

iclash said...

hey dawn baby,
your blog is dated may 26. anything of interest happen in your life since that date. i can't recall any myself.

iclash said...

how is the finger. i know how it is. be careful. play softball. eat veggies. drink liquids. comb your hair. watch tv. find job. give money to poor relatives. seek our warm places.

iclash said...

what, no flood adventures???!!

iclash said...

anything happen to you after May 2010, like maybe getting married.

iclash said...

i have a deep understanding of reality. do you?

iclash said...

3 more weeks and you will have been in a coma one year, according to this site.
picking up erika may 12. hope she does well on tests.

iclash said...

hey dawn,
is it true that the mother of you is going to visit you
and you have a new job that you like
and your daddy got a cruel cut for the summer
and he used your credit check to pay bills
just wondering

iclash said...

i'll bet your adventure does not include cancon as erika's does.

iclash said...

"i got a raise to 71 big ones" to quote dawn.
someone has to update this

iclash said...

i hear you signed a contract not to leave your job for 4 years and they pay your school bill.