Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moving to Sydney

FH got a job in Sydney, moving up in his work, getting better pay, but mainly getting more exposure and experience. I am happy for him and I support him. I am moving as well, but not nearly as soon as he is. I need a visa first! But we will be handing in our application sometime soon, once we get all the evidence and declarations together. It's not terribly difficult, I hope. I need to make a phone call tomorrow.

We are looking at places to live. It is a bit tough, but there are a few good places that are in our price range and have the facilities we need. (private bathroom, parking, laundry facilities, close to transport) *listening to the doors =]* It is tough at the moment though, b/c we cannot visit any of the places, not for another few weeks. And also, I haven't told my work yet, and I am sared to tell work b/c I feel bad. I've enjoyed it, and I feel like I've been learning and I know I would have been getting more experience in the next few months ahead. I feel bad, b/c I don't want to leave the department. I feel like I'm letting my team down. I feel like they need me, and when they need me most I decide to leave. Leaving them with a guy with 1 year experience followed by a senior guy with almost 10 years experience, and no middle man in between.

Anyways, lovely bbq at our house today. Yummy steak and greasy fatty chicken wings, and delicious greek salad (made by me!), and buttered crusty seeded bread, and always yummy potato bake with bacon made by sean. Good people and actually not annoying music for once, and nice breeze from the wind and fans. Today was HOT, and the evenings are still hot. Short and tank top weather. Bare feet weather. But, with a slight breeze, it can be bearable. ugh, and a few people are watching the cricket near me. Australia vs. Pakistan. It's ok, but, I still can't find it more than slightly boring.

Well, anyways, I still have over a month before I move. *Yay, more doors songs!!* So, we will see what happens. But for the next few weeks, I will still be a Brisbanite! So, LET'S GET THE MOST OUT OF BRISBANE WHILE WE CAN! =D

1 comment:

iclash said...

did not know you were a Doors fan. i guess it is too late but if you keep working, you would have enough money to fly down to john every friday after work and fly back early monday morning for work. it would help out your pocketbook and help your work and yu would still be together. do it till you come here.
pop b