Sunday, July 19, 2009

Marcoola Beach

John and I just came back from a 2-night holiday at Macoola Beach. It was very nice, and it was nice to get away from the house for a weekend. We stayed at a motel, one of the nicest motels I've ever stayed in! And not a bad price either. We had a queen bed, and 2 bunk beds, and a roll out bed, PLUS a 3-person couch that someone could probably sleep in. We had a kitchennette and cutlery, crockery, toaster, hot water heater, microwave, and the dude at the front desk gave us this mini milk container, so I had some teas and coffee after i washed the dishes and cups with the dishwashing detergent and new washer thing that was there. Yea, pretty good, except there were some ants crawling near the toilet the first night. AND THEN THE RUMBLING CAME!! rRRRRRUMMMMBBLLLLLEE!! We were like 500m from te airport runway strip. =P Lol. So, every so often we would hear the planes, very loudly. But, they stopped at night, and didn't start until late morning, so it was fine. but, no wonder the palce was so cheap. =P


Anyway, we kinda just hung around the room mostly, well John did. I walked along the beach Sat morning. We were short walkway from the beach, and I checked out the surf club. Then when I came back, John was finally awake, but he said he was gong to take a nap. <_<>

When I arrived back at the motel, I knocked and knocked and called and called and no one was letting me in! Turned out that John was taking a nap! Sheesh, he sleeps a lot.

For dinner, we walked a few blocks through the neighborhood and ate dinner at the surf club. Lots of people watching the rugby games, drinking some beers, playing the pokies, lots of crazy kids eating dinner. I got Thai beef salad and john got a chicken and chorizo pizza. The pizza was actually a decent size, but I wish my salad had more lettuce, but it had plenty of beef, and it had a tasty spicy yet sweet gingery sauce. There was also this STUPID candy grab maching game, where you put in $1 and try to grab a candy. Well, i was under the impressions that it would be try until you win, but no it wasn't like that, so then I thought if you grabbed teh chocolate then you'd get it, not even that! IT WAS SO STUPID! It was like those stupid coin machines, where you put the coin in the slot, and it falls down, and then it's pushed by the bar that moves back and forth, and if it pushes it far enough, then the coin at the end falls off. Well, it was the same thing, but with chocolate. so, we obviously didn't win anything. WHAT A RIP OFF! Ugh, i hate that game.

So, we had a good night and dinner at the surf club, came back to the room and watched harry potter goblet of fire and transporter 2, but transpoter 2 seemed to be more interesting than HP.

Oh yea, and John went fishing for like 1/2 hour at the beach during sunset, but he said the fish weren't biting.

Sunday, we packed up, left, drove around a bit searching for a place to eat breakfast, and finally settled on Subway. And MAN, no fancy coffee club cafe could have satisfied me the way subway did. ='] Cheap, yummy, lots of salads, $2 coffee, and free newspapers to read! AND, i refilled my coffe cup with soda before i left. (heh...heh) So YEA, can't get no free refills at no coffe club CAN YOU.! So, yea, restuarants annoy me, no wonder so many australians eat at fast food places, they don't even have diners here!! No diners!

Anyway, we're home. We played with our 3 rats, cleaned and changed their cage. I made mysef a banana chocolate protein smoothie, Yum!

And now...I''ll wait till John gets off the computer, and I'll either read my Structural Geology textbook or play Sims 3 or watch tv or read my Liveship book or eat something else. Ok, bye!


P.S. Check out this acapella version song: http://www.flixxy.com/perpetuum-jazzile-real-group-africa.htm I've been listening to it almost non-stop whenever I go on my computer. I like it!

1 comment:

iclash said...

and me stuck here with a wrap on my leg doing nothing while you travel the world seeking adventure and excitement.