This weekend was good. I hung out at home Friday night, I think..I don't quite remember. Saturday I did some laundry, bakes lots of oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and brought them to a baby shower. The baby shower was really girly. Balloons, lots of yummy food and sweets, lots of girls, one 10month old showing how un-child proff the house is. A good time, I enjoyed myself. But it makes me think that I don't really have anyone here that I'm that close with, who would throw somethin like that for me, but there is one girl here that I like, and we get along, and we hang out every so often, and we enjoy similar things. We don't get to see them very often though, and they are out of the country right now. I know a bunch of people, but I'm not that close with any one of them. And it's hard here. Because back in cornell, my closest friends were guys...kinda. I mean, I lived with girls, but I had shared moments with the guys, some of them I knew even before I started my first semester at Cornell! And what makes it weird here is that, it seems like the group/party always gets split up into girls vs guys. And the girls hasve to talk abotu girly stuff and the guys get stupidly drunk and watch stupid rugby. It's annoying. some of my coworkers are cool though, and mostly guys, so, I guess that pretty much resembles most of my engineering classes at cornell. I'm not really bothered by there being not that many girls at work, I just talk to the admin ladies instead. But, what does bother me is that i don't know that much, or at least I don't know that much, or i don't give myself credit for what i do, or i always think I should be doing more than what i am doing, and it's like if what you do doesn't make anything physical, then you might not as well not have done it because no one notices it. That's why sending off reports is such a relief, because it is physical evidence that you have done your job and have been working. Phew!
Sunday: We we to sisters house to talk about organizing "mom and dad's" 40th anniversary. ugh, its so weird having that many siblings, and then organizing stuff for the parents. What am i going to do? Chat to erika and say, yo! eh.
Then we went to other sisters house for a morning tea / house warming party. VERY nice! Lovely house, the basement has potential, the yard is spacious, nice front enclosed area, nice back enclosed area, 3 bedrooms, and good food.
Then, AFTER THAT, we went to a bbq lunch at johns friends house, who lives 10 min away from us, with a house whose insides reminds me of a bleak, cold, damp, stone castle and lots of trees and vegetative barriers to give you privacy. Man, that lunch was AWESOME! Typical sausage and chicken kebabs, but there was couscous and home baked potato bake greasy thing and salad and yummyness and tomato sauce and lots of goodness. very tasty, and very good. I was in a cranky mood before going in, but then I relaxed, and If elt so much better! And I chatted to our suburb neighbor, and she is really nice, and I like her and I think we get along...you know...I get along with a lot mroe people that I give myself credit for, but..i dunno...i've only really known people here for 1 year or less, and, its not like i'm eating dinner with them every night and meeting up with them for lunch, and studying with them int he library, and going out and playing ddr on the weekends or going to a food fest or hanging out in their room or chatting to them at night and int he morning and in the afternoon. Lol. man, at cornell, I checked my email ALL the time!
Ok, time to go! Bye!

1 comment:
now i know you are in a band but what instrument do you play. and how about your piano playing. don't forget it. i hardly hear erika playing it anymore and she is going bye bye next week.
trying to buy my bosses condo again. this time price down from 77 to 70,000.
since we will be there next week we can look at it and others.
Post a Comment