I'm having one of those painfully long and excruciating days at work. I'm tired, and yesteday I had the friday tired feeling, so today its even worse.. I mean, its not that bad, but I can't seem to concentrate the last few days. And I seem to have suddenly stopped caring ithin the last week. I used to care, but the past few days, maybe i've realized something, but I don't seem to care abotu things. Things go slowly and that's the way I accept it. I work long days so i can take days off later in the future because my boss doesn't know the rules about half pay and sick days and asks for my m3edical certificate when i take two days off when i only need to provide one if im out sick for more than 3 days. Or my boss give me crrections on ym reoprt, which is normal, but then goes and telle me to completely change around a table, and no other report has been written that way. they all have the same table layout as the on i originally put, and the one he wants me to put is annoying and doesn't make sense and isn't as clear to undestand by an engineer and is annoying and i don't like it.
I was called out last minute yesterday to go out to the new interchange of the logan and ipswich motorways. We drove on new asphalt (they prnounce it ASHphalt. Come on! there's no ash in the word! stop confusing me and speak english!) for the new highways lanes that will be put in place, probably an on-ramp to the motorway. And i looked at the pavement. I squated, looked at the aggregates in the asphalt, took my screwdriver out and plucked the rocks out and looked at them and tried to sound like i knew what i was talking about. All i really did was just copy the things my boss always says, and just said it. its not like i really learned it or knew it, but thats what he says so i just said what he would say, didn't really think much about it, i didn't really know what to think about. sometimes i just stare and i don't have anything to say because i don't know what to think about or say to whatever they were talking about. so yea, i get to stand on highways before cars can even drive on them. GO ME! and wear a hardhat and an orange vest and get dirty boots and trudge my dirt all over the office hallways and then people come around saying, 'WHO PUT THAT DIRT THERE!" AND then i say, "not i, kinda sir" and then they say "fetch me my herbs and some hot water, and let me make you a sleeping potion" and i obey.....
I'm on the 3rd book of the farseer trilogy. fantasy. I like it, and i read it every waking moment that i ahve. on the bus ride here, at lunch time at my desk, on the bus ride home, when i eat dinner, on johns lap while he watches tv, in my bed before i go to sleep. I HAVE to read it. my coworker is peer pressuring me to read it really quickly! CAN'T let her down
coworkers are walkigna roudn. g2g! bye!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment