Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fourth day with no power at work

Today was the fourth day in a row where I walked into a pitch black building at work.  No power, again.  I attempted logging again, getting one borehole done...pretty lousy.  

It'd be pretty fun to wedding crash as a lifestyle..yea, free food and fun and good times.

So then I took a taxi to the main mainr roads building to use a laptop computer in a large conference room designated or us staff who have lost power.  There were about 20 cpopmputers set up in the room just for u, and then I got a phone cal from my boss teling me to book a car out and get back to the building.  I went back to find out that the lights were on in half the building, not including my part, but the computers weren't working.  Ugh, what a pain.  I was pretty annoyed most of the day today.  Especially b//c my Ipod is acting up.  It is fully discharged and I can't seem to get it charged!

HOW FREAKIN ANNOYING!

So, I have a car, again, for 2 nights.  I really like driving home work cars.  Because theya re nice and new and automatic and have good power.  Yay for not driving a manual!  

Then John and I ate leftovers for dinner.  Chicken sandwiches, after John gave Oy a walk around the blocks.  I gave oy a walk/jog yesterday, and then I saw a path through a park, so I took it, and then I got lost, and got really tired and nauseous and had to slow down to a walk and I finall made it home after 45 minutes of wandering around.  Even Oy was tired!

The weather is weird here.  When it is sunny, it feels like spring.  When it is cloudy, it feels like autumn and october.  This afternoon it was cloudy, and it felt like halloween...and then I realized I was wearing a tank top and realized that October is so  not tank top weather...so..it's not quite like being back home.

I miss home...but there is nothing I can do about it.  I have to stay here for at least another year, and then maybe I'll have some more options.  But for now, I think I need to stay at my job for another year, and then apply for my permanent residency, and then all shall be well.  Phew!

Ok, time for sleep.  Night!

No comments: