Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Birthday, camera, geology

I haven't blogged in a while. My birthday was ok. Talked to lots of family in the morning, went to work slightly late, left work at 2pm, went into the city, bought myself an iced americano from Starbucks and drank it on the grass in the botanical gardens next to QUT, then went to my 3 hours of class, then John met me at QUT, we walked a block and ate dinner at a dingy yet candle lit cheap asian place and drank bubble tea, we drove to an inner city suburb to wait for my band rehearsal to start. While we waited we went to Coffee Club. I got a chai tea with milk and FH got a blood orange fizzy drink. We sat and talked for ~ half hour, then bought a bottle of wine to give someone as a present, and then John dropped me off at rehearsal. I enjoyed the rehearsal, got some clarinet 3 parts so I can play clarient 3 instead of 2, b/c they need more third clarinets. John picked me up and I got home at 10:30pm and went to bed straight away. That was my birthday.

John and I went to some other friends b-day dinner at an Indian restaurant. We got an all you can eat curry deal, and, I got way overstuffed, and felt really bad afterwards when I got home, plus we went to the friends house after and ate mudcake, which did me over, so I was really full the next day.

Next day we celebrated father's day at FH's parents house. Ate some yummy lunch and yummy small slice of cake, and went home to relax and sew a bit.

I bought myself a new textbook for school. "Geology in the Field" I also bought myself a NEW CAMERA! I bought a black Pansasonic Lumix DMC-SZ3. I bought it online for $320US with an 8gb SD memory card for $55. That was FH's b-day present for me. Him giving me money and me buying a camera with it. But, I'm content now.

I ate a meat pie and 2 spring rolls for dinner and 2 large hand fulls of candy/lollies and a cherry red bubble tea. Not the healthiest.

I bought myself a Zinc test vitamin liquid supplement. It's clear liquid, and I place it on my tongue. If it tastes sweet or no taste at all, then I am zinc deficient. It I taste a strong taste straight away, then I'm fine and I should take regular zinc supplements to maintain my zinc levels. I also bought 250 capsules of fish oil. I like fish oil.

I don't like noise or noisy people or loud blasting music. I'm glad I have uni classes, b/c it means I spend less time at work but still get paid the same. I like my class. Structural geology. It's interesting, but I am nervous for the field trip on saturday. And everyday I always have thoughts about going to school again for 2 years to get an engineering degree...but...i still don't know if that will make me happy... I just don't feel confident. I don't feel knowledgable, and I don't feel good enough, and I am slack at work and don't do some things people tell me to do, and they come up to me a week alter asking if I finished the thing, and I say, "uh, well, I don't have it but I can get it to you soon..blah blah blah" I heard someone at work say they hate working there more everyday. I don't feel that way. I like where I work, I just don't like feeling incompetent. I don't like not knowing much about rocks or geology despite being labeled a geologist. And I have to fight my brain to learn and enjoy geology, b/c my brain keeps saying "no, no! don't give in! you don't enjoy geology. you enjoy math. and math isn't geology, so don't go enjoying geology and don't go learning more about it and becoming engrossed in it. you don't want to love geology to the point that it's all you think about, do you?" and so forth. Yea.

I also bought plane tickets since last I blogged. 2 sets of plane tickets. And i need to buy a third. I've spent lots of money recently.

Oh, it's 10pm and I haven't even sewed today! Ok, well, time to get ready for sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: