Sunday, September 13, 2009

River Fire and Maritime Museum Concert

Last night I went with FH and 3 of his siblings to South Bank to hear my concert and watch the fire works for the Brisbane River Festival. We took a 15 min train ride into the city, pretty quick! The train was very crowded. The crowds were tremendous, lots of bogans walking around. We got free Monster energy drinks from a Monster promo truck. Woot! It was half a liter of caffeine and sugar and guarana and taurine! WOOHOO HYPERNESS!

We walked into the Maritime Museum. I said I was with the band (duh, I'm dressed all in black and have a clarinet case). We walk past all the nifty boat displays and ship stuff to the outside area. Outside was great! Not crowded at all! Some people here and there, having some food, hanging out, very close excellent view of the brisbane river, pedestrian bridge overhead, the band had chairs set up in one corner for us to play at 6pm. There was also an old disused grey war ship that had a cannon thing that shot torpedoes. The little siblings went on the ship and fooled around and aimed the torpedo thing at the buildings and people. Hehe.

I played in the concert from 6-7pm. It was....decent... John said the marching band has a much better quality of sound. The 1st clarinet didn't show up, and she had the music, so, we didn't play 2 songs b/c she wasn't there. We..um...were ok.....Aheh. The concert ended, I was relieved, and all 5 of us walked to the highest level of the old grey ship to get a better view of the fireworks.

THEN, TWO SUPER LOUD JET FIGHTER PLANES SOARED RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS WITH A BIG BOOM! Wahooo! I got so scared when they flew over us, b/c it was so LOUD! We were literally right underneath the jet fighter planes, and the fire works were super loud and close. We were so close to the fireworks that we actually had fireworks blowing off on both sides of us! To our left and to our right! We were right in the middle! Fireworks even blew off from the pedestrian bridge above us, which was less than 100m away. And we saw cool red fire on the river, and the bridges had this white fire sprinkling down into the river like a white rain. Very beautiful. We all had a good time =]

I have pictures and videos. I will post them up in a bit, when I use my own computer. (I'm using FH's)

Train ride back was even more crowded. Dropped the kids off at home, and FH and I drove back home, got home around 9pm. Did some sewing and computer stuff and went to sleep early.

Today we're going to Yum Chf or some kind of b-day brunch for me and some friends. Should be good, and yummy, b/c, I'm hungry. =]

Ok, I'm going to make some tea and then leave for yum cha! BYE~!

1 comment:

iclash said...

i always thought "why would anyone want to read what someone else is doing all the time"
i actually like it now. i am living vicariously through you since your life is so much better.
bye for now.
pop b