This posting is brought to you from the Mineralogy laboratory at QUT. At this magnificent nausea inducing, eye-blurring, sleep-depriving, brain-frying microscope room, there are tens and tens of mineral thin sections to look at......and after 5 microscope viewing and wooden block crystal holding hours, I think I may have had enough. Either that, or my eyes won't function and my stomach cannot take the nauseating feeling that looking at a microscope does to me. Too many hours staring down a micrscope, trying to learn the properties of tens of different minerals. Spent an hour looking at crystal shaped wooden blocks, trying to figure out their symmetries, mirror planes, and rotational symmetries, therefore determining their crystal class. A cube is isometric. A rectangle is orthorhombic.
I need to get out of here. I especially need to get out of the geology building at QUT.... if I continue attending classes in the geology building, I fear I may grow an appreciation for geology and actually start enjoying geology. I cannot learn any more about minerals or rocks or geology!! The more I learn, the more I like it. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??!!!
I ate a sandwich for lunch today, at about 3pm. I had half a weird white, dense bread roll sliced in half, thin slice of cheese, blackcurrent preserve, and a can of chili and lime tuna. Pretty yummy, and not as nauseating as the sandwhich I had yesterday where I ate the whole piece of white, dense, weird roll thing...too much dense bread for me.
I saw Angels and Demons last night. It was ok, but I thought it was better presented than The Da Vince Code movie. Not as good as the book, but better than I was expecting, because I was expecting it to be as bad as The Da Vinci Code. It definitely had a bit more suspense to it, and it scared me/kept me on my edge a bit as well. Probably because this one had more gruesome/killing scenes in it, and the bad guy wasn't as weird. AND IL CAMERLELLO WAS THE GUY FROM MOULAN ROUGE!!! HE'S SO DREEAAAAMMMY! =D *slurp*
Time to finish up with my minerals, pack my things up, buy some bubble tea, be picked up by John, be driven to work to pick up my calculators and magnifying glass, then be driven home and watch a bunch of guys show up at my house to watch the rugby game while I...i dunno...do nothing...or stay in my room....or wish i could watch you tube videos but can't because we only have 12 gig of internet download/month.....so...wahta great night i'm going to have.....bye.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment