Sunday, June 21, 2009

Twinkle - the new pet rat

John and have bought a new pet rat - albino with redish eyes, white fur, about 6 weeks old, and fits in the palm of one hand. We've named her Twinkle! Let me tell you the story.

Sat: Woke up, picked John up from his friends house, went to Hungry Jacks and ate breakfast, went to Westide Pet store and looked at the rats and made a last minute decision to buy a new pet rat. She is cute and calm and bites my fingers! Not as friendly as Degu and Squeaky, but she needs to become comfortable first. She will sit on my shoulder for minutes at a time. She just sits in a ball and doesn't move much. Cute, and good if you want some company while you're on the internet or playing games (*Sims 3 cough*)

I hung around home, played Sims 3, then headed off for a frisbee pick-up game. It was so much fun! It's good to get back into playing frisbee, as I haven't played in months. Maybe I'll be playing a bit more in the next coming weeks, but as my classes start to get more intense I don't think I can make the commitment. I scored the first point of the game! =]

After, I came home and played some more Sims 3, for a looong time. Ate some yummy BBQ our housemates made, drank some Gewertztraminer from Bungawarra winery in the Granite Belt, and went upstairs to play more Sims 3. I played Sims 3 until 2 am that night.

Sun: Played Sims 3, ate a banana, played Sims 3, ate yummy fried egg on toast with blackcurrent jam, with some frozen veggies. I really like fried eggs. =] I've been eating them quite regularly this past week. =] Played with the rats upstairs, played more Sims 3, watched G.I. Jane and Groundhog Day, made pasta bake with cubed beef and a salad, and then came upstairs to use the computer.

Well, John is getting annoyed at me because I'm using the internet on his computer and not playing Sims 3, so I'm going to play Sims 3 now. Bye!

No comments: