Monday, August 17, 2009

Chili con Carne and Guacamole with corn chips

I made a delicious dinner for John and me. Chili con carne, made with chicken mince, kidney beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, chopped coriander, and some spices. We both liked it, but I think the chicken mince absorbs the flavors differently than the beef mince. I also made a guacamole dip with 2 avocados, a bit too much fresh lime juice, some salt, chopped tomatoes, chopped coriander, some chili powder, a dollop f lite sour cream, and probably something else. I bought Coles organic round-shaped corn chips. The guacamole was very good! A bit on the limey side, but, I could keep eating it...unless I closed the bag of corn chips and put them away for another day. =]

So, despitecoming home at 6:15pm tonight, I still managed to make dinner, eat dinner with John, and still have time to take a shower and let John ahve some time to himself watching the rugby. I also brought up the laundry, and went to the supermarket before coming home. And cleaned the kitchen counters. And put away the clean dishes in the dishwasher. And I still have time for a decent hour of Sims. probably not hw becuase I never really do it at this time of night.

That is my quick dinner update. Don't you wish you were here! =D

No comments: