On Sunday afternoon, I played with the Brisbane Municipal Concert Band at Mt. Coot-tha for a "kids day out" concert. We played quite a few songs in our 1 hour time slot. Many fun songs, like Lion King, Star Wars, John Williams music, Looney Tunes cartoon music, circus music. And some lame songs, like the conga line song that we just played over and over and watched a clown make a congo line with lots of dirty kids following him. Overall, it was fun, but, the quality of music is mediocre. I'm sure to the untrained ear it sounds fine, but, we're just not that good at all. Also, I had been going to rehearsals for 3 or 4 weeks before the concert, and on the day of the concert the conductor calls out two songs for us to play that I had never played before! We never once rehearsed those songs in past 3 weeks! I was cite reading music on the day of the concert! SHEESH-A-MUNGA!
After the concert, I said hello to FH, and we took a walk with Oy (the dog) down to the supermarket. We stopped at Nando's for some chicken lunch, with all the free mild to extra spicy sauce and tomato sauce and pepper and water you could ask for!! And we paid almost half the price of what we paid to eat at this fancy cafe-type place with not-that-great food! Some restaurants just rip you off, like that cafe place where I paid $3.70 for a lousy small warm chai latte. And some fast food places provide you with yummy salads, with 2 salad dressings on the side, with warm SLICED chicken, and spicy flavour, for cheaper price... I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of the "fancier" restaurants in Brisbane.
Also, my birthday is coming up. And I've specifically asked FH NOT to take me out to a restaurant, b/c I'll only be dissapointed. Instead, I'd rather have his mom hem my pants for me.
I ordered some items from Ebay for the first time ever. It was an Ebay shopping FRENZY! Well, I only bought 4 items, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Ebay is SOO much better than searching through a dumb shop, spending my precious weekend moments at a stupid mall trying to find a store that won't even have what I want. Whereas, Ebay has EVERYTHING I could possibly want! TAKE THAT STUPID 5PM STORE CLOSING HOURS!
*ahem* It's 6:50pm and I'm still at work. I'm going to take the bus to the city, buy myself some dinner, maybe a sushi roll or a Subway wrap, and take the bus home, then hang out at home for an hour or 2, and then stick my face in a eucalyptus oil steam bath, and then sleep.
Goodnight all!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
who is this FH you keep referring to?
it stands for future husband
Post a Comment