John and I ate at a Turkish restaurant tonight with his friends, to celebrate one of his friend's b-day. The food was yummy, as usual, and I actually enjoyed eating the bread. I'm not much of a bread fan. I had two pastry things, spinach and feta..and something else. Yummy, but I think I prefer the eggplant dish I ordered last time. John ordered tasty lamb with couscous. Then we had Turkish coffee and an Arabic coffee for desert. I was tempted to order a Turkish Delight, but I was way too full after eating the dinner. Also, it's very unusual to take food home with you, to wrap it up if you don't finish it. Not that many people do it here, and I think John is afraid of asking them to wrap it up. People just put the food in their napkins instead, if it's a piece of steak or something, or so I've heard.
I went to two band rehearsals the past two nights. They were both good. The first one was better musically, but the second one was better socially. The first one was mainly older people and the second one was mainly younger people, some Uni students, and only a couple elderly folk. The first one seemed more professional, and can play some hard tunes. The conductor in the second one was very laid back and "fun." Fun can be good sometimes, and sometimes it can be annoying when I want to be serious about playing. But, I feel like I may be able to connect with the younger people, rather than the old folk, who tell me that I should play next to them because they will fall asleep if the song is too long. lol.
John and I looked at rings at different jewelery shops in the city after work tonight, before dinner. This was the first time I had looked at rings and tried them on. I'm glad John was with me to try the rings on. =] We're going to drive 7 hours up to Gladstone early tomorrow morning to visit his jeweler sister...to..fix my ring....we'll see how it goes. I liked this one (in white gold): http://www.michaelhill.com.au/www/nz_open/images/evermore/10146378_au.jpg
I've been feeling bad about my ring for a long time. I think it's because I really like looking at it, but I don't like wearing it. So, this time, I want a ring that I like to wear, and will want to wear for the rest of my life. It makes me sad that I may have to get rid of the ring that I designed myself, and resembled me, but, it's just a material possession. And I think I'd rather be happy with my ring than sad and guilty.
I burned a travel cd for the road trip up, I'm trying to burn another one now, but the Itunes is being slow, so i may not do it until tomorrow morning.
I'm tired. I've been tired all week, because I've been going to sleep late. Either b/c I've gotten home late from rehearsal or b/c john makes me pick him up late from the movies.
I'm tired. ITunes is annoying. John is asleep. Therefore, I am going to sleep. *ZzZzZzZz*
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment