Wednesday, August 5, 2009

E & T Forum and normal days of life

Hello again my faithful readers! The past couple days have been interesting and normal. Yesterday I attended the Main Roads Engineering & Technology Forum in the "citay". It was workshop style that day, so there were presentationsi n the morning and then discussion forums in the afternoon, plus the traditional morning tea, lunch, and afternoon teas. During the teas, you fill up on coffee, tea, and lots of yummy chocolate cakey things and biscuits(cookies) You also scrounge around for free glowy pens, free candy, and free stubby holders (beer holder?) with company logos. But if you linger too long at the presentation booths, you get swidesweeped by someone working at a booth and you're forced to listen to them chatter about their company and try to persuide you to use their "geofabrics" or "3-d imaging technology". Blah! *coworker came in and talked about his presentation he's doing at the forum tomorrow*

Today at work was normal, ok, isolated. I slouched in a rolley chair in the core logging room and looked at gravel, looking to see if there were any fractures in them, or potential fractures, but mainly found seams of calcite or white mineral infill stuff. I felt like I was wasting time and being wasteful, but my boss mentioned it to me this morning, so, if he gives me the free reigns to do it, I'll do it, and I'll spend my sweet annoying time doing it. And LISTENING TO MY IPOD THE WHOLE TIME! WOOOO! =] My ipod is the reason why I like logging or doing stuff in teh core logging room...I think i may be able to be
I played Sims yesterday, talked to john a bit, ate leftover pita. This morning I made myself an egg and grape tomato with shredded cheese wrap. Much better than my ham and lettuce and grape tomato and hummus wrap I had for dinner...I dunno..I don't think the lettuce does too well when it gets toasted.

I finally contacted a music organization in brisbane. I realized I'm not all that obssessed with frisbee, and it can be bad for my health, with all the hurting of my knee and ITB ligament. So, tonight i'm going to try out the brisbane symphonic band, see if I like it or not. See whether it's full of old people or if there are some young folks. I'm a bit nervous, but not as nervous as I was earlier when iw as thinking about joining UQ Pipe Band. I never contacted the pipe band, and in a way i'm less nervous about it, butI alos feel like I chickened out. But, John is only allowing me to be in one music band this semester, and i wouldn't really have much potential to play bagpipes in the u.s. whereas there's always chances to play clarinet since i own one.)

You know what's weird? I remember the future better than I remember the past. I know what I'm going to do on the weekend, but I have no idea what I did on Monday. I think I played Sims 3 a lot on monday, while John's friend came over and watched tv. The future, John and I are going up to Gladstone to visit his sister to pick out wedding bands, and to change my engagement ring, b/c I like it but I don't like it, mostly don't like it, so I want to change it, or rather, just get it not so wide, and not so twirly all around my finger. I know I should appreciate it, and be happy with it, and I tried for months, but I'm just not happy wityh it, and I haven't been wearing it b/c it's uncomfortable and I feel bad for not liking it. Eh, whatevs, I'll finally find out this weekend whether it can be changed or remelted and remolded or whatever.

I need to email people. And watch more youtube videos of a man describing hotel rooms and how nice they are.

I have $30 to last me this weekend. Despite having a job, I don't normally have cash on me. I couldn't even buy 50 cent chocolate at work because I only had 25 cent in my wallet....maybe that's because I spent 4.80 on two granola bars this morning... *cough*

Ok, I'm going to get ready for band, and leave soon so I'm not late. CHEERIO!

No comments: