I haven't updated in a while, we'll see how this one goes...
This past weekend, drove 7 hours to Gladstone. Hung out at sister's house redesigned my ring, picked out some wedding bands, found out my ring finger was a size J 1/2, not L. Ate some moroccan-style food. Walked along the beach there, which reminded me a bit of long island small beaches, same size of waves. Watched the kids be kids, and got scared of handling and talking to kids. Bought some chicken flavoured and mexican delight flavoured peanuts from the Peanut Van on the way down from Gladstone, and then bought unhealthy pie from a servo for dinner when it was nightime on the last stretch of highway. John did most of the driving, as I get excessively sleep. =P
I got Wednesday off work due to the Brisbane Show Public Holiday. I did some homework in the morning, then I took the train to Bowen Hills to go the the Ekka Show and waited for my friends. I texted sister a lot while I was waiting for them, sitting on top of a hard bike rack. We walked to the Ekka, paid $23 bucks a pop, and spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the pavilions. Walked around, saw chickens, cows, horses, ponies, mini horses, mini ponies, llamas, alpacas (llamas have long banana ears while alpacas have smaller pointed ears, both are equally fuzzy and wonderful to touch.), ducks, birdies, lambs, recently born baby lambs, and lots of hand disinfectant stations. We also saw a cool dog-show where the dogs do jumps and run through tubes and race to have the best time. Pretty cool, and the doggies were cute! Especially the small italian greyhound. So tiny and skinny!
After a round of the animals, we headed into the Woolworth's Pavilion, where we spent a good hour eating as much free food as we could get our grubby hands on! I LOVE THAT PAVILION! Too bad I was with my friend and not my FH, otherwise we might have gotten a few more wine tastings. We ate: meatballs, fried tomatoes, chorizo, olive bread, beef jerky, brownies desert type snacks, lots of veggie chips with mild(1) to extremely hot (10++) salsas, multiple rounds of Dr. Reds antioxidant fruit drinks, a cup of good-for-you smoothie, but no 25 cent milk or free spam. SPAM!
Although, at the Show Bag pavilian, we did find a show bag booth that was selling 4 fudge bars for $1! It was really random, but, a good value. That was the only thing she spent money on. I bought those 4 fudge bars, as well as a 5$ show bag containing lots of candy and gummies, and a $1 grilled cheese (with colby cheese) which I waited 10 min to get. Lol. Kinda yummy, good for a cheap dinner, but not really worth the wait more than once. Watching the staff cook the 8 grilled cheeses per sandwich maker X 3 sandwich makers at once was actually more interesting than eating the sandwich.
After the Ekka! took the train to parents house, finished my hw at the parents house, collected my other show bag from FH's mom, exclaimed about how much more stuff was in it and how much heavier and bigger and better it was than the dingy unhealthy 5$ one I bought. Then ate some stuff in the show bag, and ate some stuff in my show bag. And for the next few days I'll be eating candy and junk food and strange lychee and "frooti" sodas/juices and chewey airhead type-candies. Oy, I guess it's kinda like Halloween. They don't celebrate Halloween here, so, I guess they need some part of the year where they gorge themselves on candy and then feel bad about eating so much...yes...
Ok, that's my quick update. I'm typing this at work. It's 6:00pm on a Friday night. And I think there are only 3 people in the building, including me. Am I a loner for staying back so late by myself? Or a loser? I haven't been doing my "work" since 4:30pm. At 4:30pm I started doing my hw. It's much easier for me to concentrate here than at home. At home, they'll probably be all talking, blasting the music on or watching dumb rugby game, or drinking beers. Either way, making noise and making it distracting for me to study. Also, I can't get the media lectures on our computers at home, but I can at work.
Another note. I chew about 2 to 3 pieces of gum on an average work day. Is that abnormal? Or unhealthy? Better than eating those grubby chocolates they sell out at front for 50cent. 50 CENT. Ha!
Ok, now, I am going to go to the bathroom, then look at my homework problem set, then think about whether I want to continue doing hw or go home. Eventually I'll end up at home and will eat some corn on the cob. =]
Ok, SEE YA LATER!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sometimes, you have some really strange blog posts.
I like them. =)
Post a Comment