Monday, December 14, 2009

Back to Brisbane

I've arrived to hot, humid Brisbane on Saturday morning. I'm a bit jet lagged. I go to sleep at 8pm and wake up at 5am. It's not terrible actually, because the sun is UP at 5am, and it peeks through out blinds, so it triggers me to wake up.

I listen to Christmas music, trying to get in the holiday spirit. But it just doesn't work when its hot outside, you want to go ride a bike, and everything is green and chirping. There are ants crawling outside, and cute little ratties squeaking and munching on orange and apple treats.

I am worried about my hair. It seems to be a bit hard to manage in this climate. It's humid outside, which makes for bad hair days. So, I'll play around and see what is the best way to do my hair for work.

We went to the shopping center and I bought myself a charger for my ipod. There is barely any food in this house. The only food we have is two huge boxes of granola bars that dad got me from costco. All there was is food that I had bought before I left for the US, including a box of cereal frozen pasta and veggies, cans of beans and tuna, long life milk and juice.

I've been contemplating buying a bike so I can start biking around. Try short distances first, then do a test run to work....see how that goes. I want to bike to work, because it's something to do. It's takes me almost an hour to get to work anyway by bus, would take me pretty similar I'd think. Things to think about...

It's 7:19am. Since it's my first day back at work I've decided to go 'late' to work (~9:30am) because nothing happens any earlier anyway. I've been up for ours though. Listening to music, checking email, looking at youtube, all typical normal stuff. My plan is thathopefully when i get home from work for now on I won't have the urge to check my email because i would ahve already checked it in the morning.

Well, I'm going to install the new itunes now. See ya!

No comments: